The 15th International Conference on Construction Applications of Virtual Reality (CONVR 2015) will be held will be held at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel at the heart of the Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada on October 5-7, 2015.
CONVR 2015 will bring together researchers and practitioners from around the globe to report on and exchange the latest development, ideas and applications stemming from innovative research activities in the areas of Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, and Building Information Modeling. The objective of the conference is to report on ideas, improvements, and applications of innovative international research activities in the VR, AR and BIM fields and discuss strategies for the future development of research perspectives in these fields.
The International Conference on Construction Applications of Virtual Reality was initiated by Prof. Nashwan Dawood. The first CONVR was held in Teesside (UK) in 2000.
The conference focuses on the fields of Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) which are forward-looking technologies that enable considerable benefits in all stages of the Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) process, from initial planning and conceptual design to facility management and operations. Over the last 15 years the conference has been held all around the globe and sponsored by major software and engineering companies:
- CONVR2014 in Sharjah, UAE
- CONVR 2013 in London, UK
- CONVR 2012 in Taipei, Taiwan
- CONVR 2011 in Weimar, Germany
- CONVR 2010 in Sendai, Japan
- CONVR 2009 in Sydney, Australia
- CONVR 2008 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- CONVR 2007 in Pennsylvania, USA
- CONVR 2006 in Orlando, USA
- CONVR 2005 in Durham, UK
- CONVR 2004 in Lisbon, Portugal
- CONVR 2003 in Blacksburg, USA
- CONVR 2001 in Chalmers, Sweden
- CONVR 2000 in Teesside, UK